Garanteed French Origin
The Guaranteed French Origin (OFG) label promoted by the Pro France association is based on a stringent standard drawn up in 2011. Guaranteed French Origin reassures consumers that products bearing the logo were manufactured in France. This guarantee, validated by a certifying body, is based on a specification made up of two cumulative criteria:
- for industrial products, manufacturing should take place in France: the product takes on its essential characteristics and distinctive form in France.
- 50% to 100% of the unit cost price of these products is created in France. The cost price includes the production cost and the costs related to research and development.
Applicants undertake to adhere to the social, environmental and health standards in force. The list of products currently recognised as OFG is available from www.nosachatsfrançais.com
The NF Hygiene-Alimentaire certification stems from a voluntary initiative by manufacturers. This standard applies to equipment intended for mass catering and bakery-confectionery refrigerated equipment. It recognises the quality of the products, certified by AFNOR, a specialised body.
- The NF – Hygiene Alimentaire Certification guarantees the quality of materials intended for food contact.
- The NF – Hygiene Alimentaire Certification guarantees that products can be easily cleaned. Backed by guidelines relating to each type of equipment, it guarantees that the equipment is quick and easy to clean in order to prevent dirt traps where bacteria can grow.
- The NF – Hygiene Alimentaire Certification guarantees the thermal, refrigeration and isothermal performance of appliances to ensure that the temperature raising and lowering times are adhered to as well as the storage temperatures.
- The NF – Hygiene Alimentaire Certification guarantees the sealing of the refrigeration circuit of products in compliance with the European regulations relating to refrigerants.
- It therefore contributes to the prevention of foodborne diseases and facilitates the setting up of an HACCP system with the emphasis on end user food safety
NSF International is an independent certification body committed to public health, safety and environmental protection. The NSF mark certifies that a product has been recognised as complying with the international food industry standards.
Manufacturers undergo strict assessment, products are tested and factories spot-checked.
The NSF standard is based on products that can be easily cleaned. It vouches for the company’s commitment to quality, product compliance and consumer safety.
The CE marking demonstrates the compliance of products with the requirements laid down to manufacturers by the European Union. It entitles products to free movement throughout the European Union and the right to be used therein.
The European Directive relating to the CE marking relates in our profession to low voltage electrical appliances, appliances emitting electromagnetic waves, machines and gas appliances. The CE mark is compulsory for these products.
At the end of its service life, equipment containing electrical and electronic waste placed on the market after August 2005 must be recovered by a qualified business in order to be recycled. All companies marketing equipment containing Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) in France must register the volumes marketed with the ADEME (agency for the environment and energy management). This is a legal obligation.
Tournus Equipement has joined forces with the disposal channel organised by SYNEG (French manufacturers’ association of catering equipment), ECOLOGIC. When Tournus Equipement electrical equipment comes to the end of its service life, the user/customer contacts ECOLOGIC, which specifies where the product can be disposed of.
According to the agreement drawn up with ECOLOGIC, the waste processing and recycling costs are at Tournus Equipement’s expense. Only the costs for dismantling and transport to the reprocessing site are the customer’s responsibility.
Tournus Equipement is a member of the Syneg
The Syndicat national de l’équipement des grandes cuisines (SYNEG) (French federation of catering equipment manufacturers) brings together French manufacturers based in France. SYNEG members are stringently selected based on strict criteria. As a signatory of the SYNEG quality charter, Tournus Equipement undertakes in particular to adhere to the following points:
- Marketing of strictly compliant equipment.
- Equipment manufactured in accordance with environmental protection and ethical requirements (no exploitation of children, freedom of trade unions, no discrimination, workplace health and safety)..
- Personalised assistance in the choice of equipment adapted to user requirements.
- Specialist advice for the layout and optimum operation of appliances.
- 10-year guarantee of availability of OEM parts or parts certified as compliant.
- Public liability insurance cover.
- Instructions for installation, start-up, use and maintenance supplied with the equipment.
ISO 9001 Certification
ISO 9001 certification, delivered by an accredited body, certifies the company’s quality management system and ensures international recognition.
Guarantee of professionalism:
The ISO 9001 procedure is aimed at implementing a customer-centric quality policy, laying down relevant targets and bringing together the human resources to achieve these efficiency targets. The standard promotes an organisation involving all the players across the company.
lSO 9001 defines the requirements aimed at zero defects by reducing failures, errors, non-compliances and complaints.
Companies undertake to comply with the ethical, regulatory and legal requirements in force.